Are You a Leader?
Will the Real Leader Step Up
True leaders do not take refuge in self-pity. They take responsibility, step up, and change things for the better. — Steve Gutzler
In the middle of uncertainty and crisis, the REAL LEADERS STEP UP. The question you must ask yourself is, do you consider yourself a leader? I think it’s safe to assume that if you’re reading this article, you’re at least contemplating the question. It amazes me that leadership shows up in the strangest places, at the weirdest times, in the most unlikely people.
I know you’re asking the question, are you talking about me?
I’m not a leader, am I?
Let me ask you this:
- Who will SUFFER if you don’t step up as a leader? Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally?
- What or who’s at RISK if you don’t LEARN and GROW into the leader you could be, or should be, or capable of?
- Are you letting FEAR and UNCERTAINTY rob you of the opportunity to successfully lead yourself, and a group of people who need you?
- Have the words of our culture, or someone close to you, or someone you respected, convinced you that you’re not a leader?
- What would have to happen for you to step up and lead, now?
Ask yourself that question. Am I a leader? Let your real INNER VOICE speak to you, and tell you the TRUTH. I believe the truth is that you are much STRONGER than you think. That you’re a leader who just hasn’t stepped up yet.
Step Up and Help People
Right now, there are people living in fear, waiting for YOU, as a leader (or leader in the making) to step up and lead them. People you care about, and maybe even the people you work with. They need a leader that will encourage them, and convince them, that they can THRIVE and be SUCCESSFUL even in times like these.
“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly” — Robert F. Kennedy
“You only fail, if you refuse to get back up.” — Jack Mints
Leadership shows up out of a desire to help people. It stills amazes me that people are willing to do more for someone that believes in them, than they’ll ever do for themselves. Leaders motivate, inspire, and encourage people to take action to do things they don’t think they can do, but are willing to try, because a leader (like you) says “You can do this!” They believe you, and then they do it!
John Quincy Adams: “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.”
Are you a leader? Are you going to LIVE in FEAR and UNCERTAINTY, or are you going to be STRONG? Are you going to rise to the occasion and STEP UP and let your INNER LEADERSHIP BEAST come busting through?